Rhonda’s Oven Roasted Brisket
Rhonda is well-known among her family and friends, for her delicious brisket. Of course, we recommend our grass-fed beef from Integrity Meats for this and all beef recipes!
Ingredients: 6 lb. beef brisket, slightly trimmed
2 tbsp. salt
2 tbsp. paprika
1 tbsp. chili powder
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. onion powder
2 tsp. coriander
1 tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. dry mustard
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp. liquid smoke
- Let’s start 24 hours before cooking. Rinse brisket and pat it dry with paper towels. Rub into the meat half the Worcestershire sauce and vinegar on each side of the meat.
- Make a dry rub by combining all the dry spices.
- Season the meat on both sides with the dry rub. Pat the rub will into the meat. Place into a roasting pan Cover with foil and place into the fridge for 24-48 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roast uncovered for 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Add enough water and liquid smoke to yield about 1/2 inch liquid in the roasting pan.
- Decrease temperature to 300 degrees F. Cover pan tightly and continue cooking for 3 and 1/2 hours, or until fork-tender.
- Slice meat thinly across the grain. Top with the juice from the pan and serve warm.