Watch this 6:10 second video to hear about John and Gloria’s peripheral neuropathy relief!
Ready To Feel Better?
Get A Free Consultation
562 Kingwood Dr.
Kingwood, TX 77339
What is Peripheral Neuropathy?
A peripheral neuropathy is a problem with the nerves that carry information to and from the brain and spinal nerves. This can produce pain, loss of sensation and inability to control muscles.
7 Signs of Peripheral Neuropathy
- Burning Hand or Feet
- Sharp Electric Pain
- Pain When Walking or Holding Objects
- Difficulty Sleeping From Leg Discomfort
- Prickling/ Tingling Feelings
- Old injuries can lead to scar tissue around nerve pathways
- Arthritis (Generally Auto-Immune)
- Spinal Stenosis encroaches on the nerve
- Bulging disc compress on the nerve
- Statin drugs
- Diabetes Type 1 or Type 2 (Generally Auto- Immune)
- Poor Diet (Leads to Auto-Immune)
- It’s 80% lifestyle 20%genes
- No fuel for healing
A thorough and comprehensive exam ensures an accurate diagnosis. You must determine if there is adequate Fuel (oxygen and glucose) and Activation.
Types of Neuropathies
All neuropathies are not the same and they certainly should not be treated the same. Neuropathies come in a few primary types:
- Large diameter
- Small diameter
- Both large and small diameter
If jerking is involved, then it can be as much a problem in the brain, due to trans-neural degeneration, as it is in the peripheral nerve. As such, therapy is focused on the region of the brain involved in the deficit.
There are many causes of PN, but one of the major factors is from a metabolic condition. You CANNOT DRUG YOUR WAY OUT OF A METABOLIC CONDITION it requires a lifestyle change.
Lifestyle changes are generally the biggest components to long-term success. This means dietary changes for most people. The 7 worst foods for your body are sodas (including diet sodas), all fast foods, margarine, chips, donuts and pasteurized dairy products.
The body is either breaking down or building up. The majority of SAD (Standard American Diet) breaks the body down. To remain healthy the body requires constant fuel and activation, along with healthy Omega 3s, Vitamin D, and B Vitamins.
Brain Based Therapy
Once the underlying metabolic roadblocks are handled that would prevent proper fueling, therapy is used to repair the nerves and associated tissue. Some of the therapies often used to treat peripheral neuropathy are:
Start your pain-free journey today!
When Should I See a Neck Pain Chiropractor?
At the first sign of discomfort or any sort of loss of mobility, you should consult our neck pain chiropractors in Kingwood. We specialize in neck pain treatment and our goal is to restore your body to optimal health.
If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms, or even something not listed here, don’t delay in giving us a call:
- Stiff Neck – That nagging feeling of “sleeping wrong” can be more than you think! What starts as general soreness can lead to more severe problems such as neck subluxation. A stiff neck typically results in soreness and difficulty moving your head
- Sharp Pain – Sharp pain is usually localized to one spot and may be accompanied by a stabbing or stinging sensation
- Soreness – Unlike sharp pain, soreness in your neck is typically dull and achy instead of sharp and stinging
- Tingling/Numbness/Weakness – These sensations can extend beyond your neck and radiate into your shoulders and arms. It’s common to feel a “pins and needles” sensation in this case
- Headaches – Many patients that see us for neck pain treatment don’t realize that their headaches can be directly related to their neck pain. Irritation or soreness in the neck can sometimes affect the muscles and nerves connected to the head.
Watch Testimonials and other Peripheral Neuropathy Information
Get A Free Consultation!