Ready To Feel Better?
Get A Free Consultation
“You are what you eat.”
We’ve all heard this all too common saying at one time or another, but have any of us ever paid attention to it?
Maybe it’s time you did. Did you know that some of your most nagging problems can be directly related to what you’re putting in your body? Fatigue, inflammation, trouble sleeping – all of these things are the result of poor nutrition and a lack of nutritional coaching.
At Clark Chiropractic and Wellness, we focus on total body solutions that deal with the root causes of your discomfort. Your diet is a MAJOR part of this process and plays a significant role in your quality of life.
If you’ve strayed from a healthy path we’re here to get you back on track.
Get in touch with us today!
Does Real Food Matter?
The short answer? Of course!
Everything you put into your body has an impact on your general sense of wellbeing. Every single little nutrient you take in has a profound effect on your entire body – from your skin and hair to your muscles and skeletal system.
The problem we find is that most patients that come to visit us don’t have the proper nutritional guidelines established for them to help live their healthiest lives. This leads to constant discomfort, weight gain, chronic pain, and inflammation and fatigue.
That’s where we come in.
Our nutritional team can help you get back to basics and set your body up for healthy living. That team is led by Rhonda Clark – a certified health coach with over 20 years of experience helping patients rediscover their optimal state of living.
Don’t chalk your symptoms up to simply “not feeling well” on any given day. If you find yourself frequently experiencing some or all of these conditions, your next call should be to Rhonda Clark and the nutritional team at Clark Chiropractic and Wellness.
What Does a Poor Diet Impact?
The most important thing to remember when it comes to nutritional coaching and diet is that every single patient is different. The only way to truly tailor the ideal diet for yourself is by visiting our certified health coach, however these are some of the most common cases we see patients coming to us with.
Chronic Inflammation – Chronic inflammation can lead to serious medical issues, including diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, and arthritis. In fact, chronic inflammatory diseases are the most significant cause of death in the world. As a general rule, diets high in saturated fats, trans-fats, or refined sugar are at a higher risk for chronic inflammation – but you’ll also want to avoid these problematic items:
- Refined Carbohydrates – We all love pasta and pizza, but the truth is that these refined carbs have had most of their fiber removed. Fiber has a positive impact on blood-sugar control – instead, these carbs have a high glycemic index that raises your blood sugar rapidly and promotes inflammation.
- Processed Meats – All meat is not created equal, and consuming processed meats is linked to a higher risk of inflammatory diseases such as heart disease and diabetes. Common types of processed meats we see patients eating include bacon, sausage, ham, and smoked meats.
- Alcohol – You probably don’t need us to tell you all about the adverse effects of alcohol on the body, but did you know that it plays a crucial role in inflammation? People who drink heavily may develop problems with toxins moving out of the colon and into their body – a condition known as “leaky gut” – which leads to widespread inflammation.
Fatigue – Feeling tired all the time? Don’t be fooled into thinking all you need is another cup of coffee – your diet plays a significant role in your energy levels throughout the day. If you’re frequently feeling that 3:00 PM crash, you’ll want to avoid these foods:
- Processed Sugars – Everyone is guilty of having a sweet tooth sometimes, but too much refined sugar in your diet can wreak havoc on your energy levels. It’s natural to reach for the candy pack when you’re feeling tired, but you’re really just weakening yourself more. Processed sugars cause you to eventually crash since your body has to use up a lot of nutrients to process them.
- Hydrogenated Oils – These sneaky oils can be found in margarine, candy, processed foods and even your favorite coffee creamers. Hydrogenated oils promote inflammation in the body, which in turn leads to you feeling more fatigued throughout the day.
- Refined Foods – Noticing a trend here? The refined foods are not your friend, and many fall into the carbohydrate category we just discussed – this includes pasta, white rice, and soda. These foods sap you of your energy and cause you to crash.
Trouble Sleeping – There’s no worse feeling than the constant tossing and turning that comes with not being able to grab some shut-eye, and your diet plays a huge role in your ability to catch some Z’s. If you find yourself having trouble going to sleep and/or staying asleep, take a look at how often you’re taking in these items:
- Caffeine – Often hidden in foods and drinks, caffeine close to bedtime can keep you awake and cause anxiety
- Spicy Foods – Anything spicy or acidic has a good chance of causing you heartburn, and wouldn’t you know it, lying down makes heartburn worse!
- Alcohol – Alcohol makes you sleepy, so it’s got to be good for sleep, right? WRONG. Alcohol is one of the trickier substances since it fools people into believing it’ll help them get to bed. In reality, alcohol has a rebound effect that can cause you to wake in the middle of the night.
Start your pain-free journey today!
The Clark Chiropractic Nutritional Coaching Solution
It’s easy to simply take a look at the foods you might be eating and try to change around your diet by eliminating things, but this usually leads to short-term improvement at the cost of long-term sacrifices.
If you want to set yourself up with healthy habits and an effective lifestyle change that lasts, a visit to Rhonda Clark and the nutrition team at Clark Chiropractic and Wellness is in order.
The nutritional coaching at Clark Chiropractic and Wellness is fully individualized and customized based on your specific dietary needs. Dr. Lewis M. Clark and Rhonda Clark work together to help every patient find out where the problems are in their lifestyle before making the necessary changes.
We believe in putting good things IN before taking things away, helping you establish healthy changes and achieve long-term health.
This process begins with a functional blood analysis to see just what may be happening inside of your body – every patient is different and each one requires a different level of care.
From here, we establish a nutritional and supplement plan to help you meet your goals and increase your overall quality of life. Rhonda Clark takes the guesswork out of the process with each of her patients and helps them put their plan into action, including coaching on:
- How to Buy Foods
- How to Prepare Foods
- What to Avoid
- The Most Effective Lifestyle Changes
Take control of your body and your diet by scheduling a consultation with Rhonda Clark and the nutritional team at Clark Chiropractic and Wellness today! Your body will be happy you did!
Get A Free Consultation!
562 Kingwood Dr.
Kingwood, TX 77339